Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Sick Daddy :(

Well, Mike finally got it. I think he has the same thing the girls had last week. I feel so bad for him. I wish he could stay home and rest but with him being our only source of income he really can't. I suspect that even if he weren't that he wouldn't take off work. He is just that way. Please pray for a speedy recovery. He has to drive up to DPA on Sat. and it would be a shame if he had to go while being sick.

I think Elizabeth is feeling a little better about DPA. She had her monthly 4-H meeting yesterday and they talked a lot about what to expect. I think a lot of her fear was of the unknown. She is still nervous, but she is handling it much better. It also helped that her Uncle Zakk called her and encouraged her. She told me that it made her feel so good to know that he was behind her lifting her up. Thank you Zakk for helping ease her fears. I love you for it!

I went shopping for Valentine's tonight while the girls were at AWANA. For those that don't know AWANA is a church club that meets once a week. The girls work through books memorizing scripture. They receive play money for each section they complete and then twice a year they have store night where they can buy things. When they complete a book they get a lovely ribbon and much praise. It is a great time of fellowship for them since many of their friends also attend.

The girls are really looking forward to tomorrow. They love Valentine's day.They tried to talk me into taking the day off from school, but with all the days we had to take off for sickness last week we really can't afford to. I would really like to have a summer break and unless we stay on task that won't happen. For Valentine's day I bought all three of the girls a pair of PJ"s. Elizabeth's are red stripped sleep pants and a red sleep shirt, Rebekah's pants have a pink cheetah print and a cute pink shirt with a cat on it, and I bought the baby a two pack of winter sleepers (pink and purple). I also bought the older girls each a box of chocolates and some Warhead candies. They LOVE those. I also bought Rachel a tub toy and some little cookies to munch on. I think they will be very excited. As for Mike, I bought him a package of chocolate espresso beans. He loves those. We decided not to do too much for each other and instead go out to eat when he is feeling better. We both love to eat out and felt we would much rather spend our Valentine budget on that than individual gifts. Hopefully we can go next Wed. while the girls are at AWANA.

Well, that's about it. I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day with their sweeties!

In Him,

Christina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christina,

I just wanted to let you know how much we are enjoying your Blogs, keep up the good work! Your dad has been coming home from work every day and heading for the computer to check for your latest update. so soory that everyone has been sick lately. Hopefully by next Wednesday mike will be feeling better and the two of you can enjoy a late valentine dinner together. if there are typing errors please overlook them. I had soulder surgery 2ays ago and am not the best at typing one handed.

we love you all,
Robyn