Friday, February 8, 2008

Keep doing what we are doing...

That is what my pedi said. Elizabeth just finished her meds today. She will continue to get cough meds and breathing treatments until this ugly cough of hers goes away. Rebekah has been put on the same meds Elizabeth just finished. The baby is still fevered but holding her own. My pedi said it is good that I am still breastfeeding Rachel. She said that the immunities she receives from me will help her fight this bug. I guess she has been putting a lot of kids in the hospital with this flu. She doesn't see that happening here b/c of the bfing. Yeah! It is so nice to get validation in this area. So many people look down on bfing after 6mo. People don't understand that it is sooo much healthier for them. Besides she is still just a baby for goodness sake!
Last night Rachel had me up ALL night. I had just finished paying bills when she started crying. I got her up to nurse her back to sleep but she had other ideas. Instead she decided it was play time. Never mind that it was 3 am! Anyway, I finally got her to sleep about 6 am but only in the recliner. At 7:30 Mike woke me up and I put her in bed. I got another hour and a half before Elizabeth brought her in to me and I nursed her back to sleep for another hour. In all I probably got 3-4 hours of sleep. Bless Elizabeth and Rebekah for being such good girls today. After our Dr. visit they let me take a nap with the baby and I got 3 glorious hours of uninterrupted sleep. Hopefully tonight will be better.
Well the house is quiet and I am exhausted so goodnight everyone!
In Him,
Christina

No comments: