Saturday, February 16, 2008

Great Day!

Today we had a busy day. The girls did a half day of school and then helped clean the house. Elizabeth was invited to go to Traveler's Rest this evening with some friends. I let her go b/c I thought it would be a great distraction for her. Traveler's Rest is an old historic house that was also an inn back in the 1800's and early 1900's. It was a stop on the pony express and also the last stage coach stop on the way to Atlanta. There is a re-enactment society that puts together presentations there. One of her friends let her borrow a period costume and she got to play act like she was a traveler to the crowds. She had so much fun. I will try and upload a picture of her in costume soon.
Rebekah is also having an exciting night. She is staying the night with her friends the DeWitt's. If you remember, Megan DeWitt was her friend who just had surgery. She is going to spend the day with them while we are at DPA. I thought it would be much more fun for her.
Mike is feeling MUCH better today. As a matter-of-fact he was feeling so much better that we decided to go out for our Valentine's dinner tonight instead of Wed. We went to Applebee's and really enjoyed ourselves.
Elizabeth had a hard time getting to sleep tonight. She was having a hard time settling herself down. I think her nerves are really starting to kick in. Please pray for a calm spirit for her tomorrow. I have almost everything ready to go for tomorrow. I just have a few things I need to pack for the baby. I know I am over packing but I feel it is better to have too much stuff then get all the way down there and need something I didn't bring. KWIM? I will put everything by the door so we can just load up in the morning and be off. We have to be at the Public Library for bus loading by 6:45 am. We will leave at 7am sharp. We are taking two other mama's with us so we will pick them up there as well. We should get to Rock Eagle (the 4-H camp grounds) at about 9am, unload, and find out where Elizabeth's presentation will be. Awards will be at 4pm and we should be ready to leave by 5pm. I will post tomorrow about our day and how things went. Now I am off to finalize everything and then to bed.
Blessings,
Christina

No comments: