Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dr. Appt. Update

Hello Everyone,
Well, it has certainly been a very trying couple of days. Rachel is still sick. When the Dr. examined her she found that her right ear was still very infected. Not only is it infected but the eardrum is bulging! Rachel ended up getting two more shots. One was the same stuff they gave her on Sat. which is Rosephin (sp?) and the other was an anti- inflammatory to help decrease the inflammation in the ear canal. The Dr. also switched her antibiotic to something that will not make her sick. She is also on prednisolone for 5 days. To top everything off her third tooth broke through the skin yesterday and the forth is about to do the same. Needless to say Rachel is a whimpering, whiny, crying, mess! My poor baby! All I can do is hold her and nurse her. She falls asleep on me but when I try to move her to her crib she pitches an enormous fit. My only consolation is knowing that this to shall pass. She has another appt on Friday to see how things are going.

Rebekah on the other hand got a clean bill of health. Yeah! She is suppose to see an allergist on Thursday in Gainsville, which is about an hour or so from here. However, in light of Rachel's pitifulness I am going to re-schedule it for next week. I just really don't want to haul a cranky baby all that way and have to deal with her.

Well, that is about it. I hope you enjoyed Elizabeth's account of her UGA experience. I plan on having Rebekah write her account tomorrow so be watching for it!;)
Love,
Christina

No comments: