Monday, May 12, 2008

Sorry about the mix-up. I think the night I was writing the last post Rachel woke up and I had to log out. Then I forgot to go back later and post what I had written. Anyway, I will now update you on everything that has happened since my OOPS.

Rebekah did in fact have a sinus infection. Her Dr. prescribed some meds for her and she was as good as new a few days later. Other than that everyone has been healthy until a day ago when I came down with a head cold. I hope I don't give it to anybody. I must say right now I am eternally grateful for Puffs-Plus and Vaseline. They both do wonders at keeping my nose from becoming so raw that I can't stand to touch it.

On the 3rd of May Mike's mom and brother came for a visit from Ohio. They were here for the whole week and left yesterday the 10th. The girls really enjoyed having them here. Unfortunately, Mike had to work most of the week, but he was able to spend some time with all of us in the evenings. He was however, able to get Friday off and we went to the zoo in Greenville. It is not a very large zoo, but it was perfect for Rachel's first introduction to animal's other than her dog's. She really enjoyed the giraffe's and the elephant's. She also really liked the monkey's and lion's. She just kept pointing and saying. "da", which is her way of saying "dog". I just kept talking to her and telling her all about the animals. Elizabeth and Rebekah really enjoyed watching her discover new things as well. It had been a long time since they had been to a zoo.

May 1st Rachel hit a major milestone. She walked for the first time! We were all so excited. It is so fun for me as a mom to watch the older girls delight in their baby sister's accomplishments. They just kept encouraging her to come to them, and when she did they would just clap and cheer. Since then she has really taken off.
On the 8th my baby turned 1. I am so amazed by this past year. I look at every day as a opportunity to see the world through her eyes and watch her discover everything with such awe and wonder. I count myself so blessed to be able to be her mother and discover anew God's creation.
We had a lovely little party for Rachel. She received many new and fun toys and some very nice things to wear. The girls each bought her a tub toy. Mike and I bought her a walking toy and an activity table. My friend Michelle made her cake. It was in the shape of the number one. It was pink and perfect. She also made her a pretty little smash cake which Rachel made quick work of. She was a riot!!! Oh, I wish we could do it all over again, it was soo much fun!

I have had a very nice mother's day. We went to church and then just relaxed in the afternoon. We invited mom and Stu over for a cookout later in the evening and then watched Survivor. We all love that show. Anyway, it was very relaxing. Tomorrow, I get to go pick out a new outfit. I am excited. I already know what I want. I am going to get a cute shirt and a pair of capri's. Well, that should bring everything up to speed. I am going to post pics of the baby's birthday as soon as I post this. My love to you all.
Christina

uh-oh Rachel is awake thos pics might have to wait til tomorrow!

No comments: