Saturday, May 31, 2008

Oh the Drama!

Hello everyone!
What a week. On Monday our toilet clogged and Mike spent most of the week getting it unclogged. Every Spring we have tree root trouble and we end up spending several hundred dollars having the drain unclogged. Well, Mike was tired of spending so much money on something he felt he could do himself. So..... he bought a snake to snake the line. He got two clogs loosened from the drain but everything was still backing up. We couldn't run any water appliances without all the water going directly into our yard. After messing with it for three days Mike finally had me call the city. They came out and flushed their main line but it was running fine. Then they snaked our line with a high powered water hose and within minutes had our line completely clear. They told us that the snake we bought likely helped but the clogs were too big. They said in the future to call them first before a plumber to see what they can do. Whew, what a mess!

In the process of working on the drain and working 19 of the last 21 days Mike has hurt himself. His sciatica is acting up something awful. He is taking the weekend to try and rest. He is hoping with rest and ice he can get it under control. If not he will need to see a Dr. next week. Please pray that whatever is causing his pain will be something not requiring surgery.

Well, as if the week wasn't exciting enough, I had to take a trip to the ER with Rachel yesterday. The girls and I were in Wal-mart and Elizabeth was watching Rachel for me while I looked at some Father's Day cards. Anyway, Rachel stood up and when Elizabeth tried to get her to sit back down she slipped and fell out of the cart and onto the floor with her head. I didn't see it. All I heard was like a melon hitting the ground and when I turned around Rachel was flat on her back wailing like no tomorrow. I called my ped and she said I should take her in to be checked. They looked her over but didn't do the CT scan or x-ray my Dr. thought they would do. They just checked her ears, eyes, and head and told me what to look for as far as concussion. I was not very happy with her care and called my ped as soon as we had left. She told me a few other things to look out for and told me she would see me in the morning. When we went this morning Rachel was looking and doing great. However, when the Dr. looked in her ears she found that she had an ear infection. So while she is fine from the fall she is now on antibiotics. My question is, why they didn't catch the infection in the ER! I hate my ER. I always have. Thankfully I have a wonderful ped who really cares about my kiddos. I love her!
Elizabeth felt absolutely awful about Rachel falling. She was so upset and crying. I felt so bad for her. She old me that she thought Rachel was dead, and that if she was, that she would have been her murderer. How is that for heaping coals of condemnation and guilt on oneself. I had to explain to her that no one blames her, and that it could have happened to any one of us. Rachel moves so fast these days. We have to be ever vigilant.

So....... That was our week. Hopefully next week will be much less eventful. We only have three weeks of school left and the girls are getting very excited about that. Arizona their cousin will be coming to visit on the 17th and staying for about a month with my mom. They can't wait to get to know her better and have someone other than each other to play with. I am trying to come up with some fun things to do while she is here.

Well, that's it for now. I'll write again in a few days. God Bless.
Christina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...