Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nearing the end!

Hello everyone! We officially will be done with school on June 20. Yeah!!! I can't believe our year is almost over. I am really looking forward to some down time with my girls. The girls will still have piano, and they will also have sewing once a week over the summer. These things are a nice extra for them when there is nothing to do outside but melt in the hot Georgia sun. Elizabeth will also continue to work at the vet's office once a week. Right now she goes in for 2 hours each week, but I think we are going to extend those hours a bit for the summer. She would prefer to stay for 3 or 4 hours a week. I may have to rearrange piano for the summer but I am sure it will all work out.

Rachel had her 1 year check-up last Monday. She was 18# 4oz. and 28 1/2 in long. The Dr. said she was in the 15% for her age. People say she is small but she looks very big to me. I hope everyone enjoyed seeing some of her birthday pics. I still can't believe she is 1. I mean, how did that happen! She sure is an awful lot of fun. I am really enjoying her company these days.
Rachel learned her first sign language word Sunday. We have been signing the word for "please" for the past month or so and she finally got it. Now if we could just get her to stop whining for things and just use the sign...... I guess it will come in time. Now we are working on "all done" and "more"

Tomorrow night Elizabeth and Rebekah will be getting awards for Awana. They both finished their Awana books and will be getting ribbons. This is a big accomplishment since many, many, many, many scriptures had to be memorized by both of them to achieve this. I am very proud of both of them. As excited as Elizabeth is about receiving her award I think it will be a bitter sweet night for her. Tomorrow will be her last official Awana club meeting. Next year she will be too old. She is considering becoming an LIT(leader in training) but is torn between doing that and participating in youth group.

Well, that's it for now. Sending my love to you all.
Christina

No comments: